Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas in Kentucky

We had an awesome time in Kentucky over Christmas! Getting out of Vegas was a little tricky due to the 3.6 inches, which was the most the city has seen since 1979. The airport's only de-icer broke and it was chaos. After finally getting on a plane, we spent 11 days in KY and got to spend time in Madisonville, Lexington and Louisville. The goodbyes were harder than usual since we had to get on a plane and fly 2,000 miles across the country. I took a grand total of 200 pictures while we were there... I'll spare you some time and just include a few of them here.

This was actually in Vegas still but thought you should see Holly tearing into my present!


We arrived just in time for Christmas celebrations with Uncle Kenny and crew. I didn't take nearly enough pictures of this part of the trip but above is Kenny, Whitney and Brooke and below is Brooke with Chloe sacked out. She had too much fun singing the 12 days of Christmas I guess...


Then we were on to Madisonville for a Slaton family Christmas. This is where our eating binge began... good food and fun times! After Christmas dinner, decorating the tree and a crazy game of Spades, we were all still standing for a family photo.


Will was reunited with his train set... a magicial moment indeed!


Then back to Lex. This is Conor's version of bunny ears. Isn't he sneaky?

Santa came to see Conor and Levi at Erin's house. Conor was concerned about Santa making it down their chimney but it appears he had no problem.


Next stop was Christmas dinner at Granny's house. The meal that I wait for all year! Followed by french toast the next morning.

To continue the eating binge we returned to Lexington in time to celebrate Erin's birthday. Conor demonstrates his cake decorating skills...



Apparently family photos scare Conor...

...or maybe not...
Love you all and miss you a ton!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone looks so nice and healthy! What a beautiful family. Connor and Levi are a trip!

Ms. Thomas said...

I like Gangsta Conor. He sort of makes Will look like a sissy.