Sunday, November 9, 2008

Advertisements in the Sky

So on Saturday, we were standing in the driveway because I thought I caught the garage on fire doing laundry (don't worry... everything's okay). I happened to look up and see 5 planes flying next to one another and they were making little dots in the sky. After watching for a while Will said he thought they were spelling something and I thought he was crazy. Turns out he was right... they were telling us we can get free music if we text MP3 to 59925. I was completely amazed. I wonder what it costs to hire 5 planes to write advertisements in the sky?

That wasn't our first sky advertising experience. One night shortly after we got here, we were sitting on the back porch and heard something overhead. We walked out in the backyard to discover a blimp cruising over our house with a big screen on the side advertising the opening of a new hotel & casino. The pictures didn't turn out so great but here they are...

These are 2 advertising media that they didn't teach me about at UGA.

On a different note, I thought I had pictures of the house to put up here. That must have been a dream though. I'll work on taking some and try to get those up really soon...




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. Awesome!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Advertisements in the sky. . okay. Burning down the house when doing laundry--what is up with that story!!

LKS said...

I think the washing machine just didn't like me trying to make it work hard. Even better is that the dishwasher seemed to have sand in it when we arrived.

Jen said...

Ya'll sure have some fancy planes out thar...