Thursday, November 27, 2008

One Inch!

Until Wednesday, Southern Nevada had a whopping one inch of rain recorded so far this year. One inch! I know it's the desert but wow. It rained all day yesterday. I woke up to traffic reports that included one car slammed into a wall and two others flipped upside down on the interstates. I thought people in Atlanta couldn't drive in the rain but people in Las Vegas really can't drive in the rain! On the way to work, there were big pools of water on the interstate and surface streets were badly flooded in areas. At work, there was water leaking through the 2nd floor ceiling and it's a 3 story building. Since it rains so infrequently, it seems that they don't even bother to fix the leaks. One person at work said her four year old has probably only seen rain 2 or 3 times in his life that he can remember. We now have 1.35 inches of rain recorded for the year. So I used my windshield wipers yesterday and I guess I won't need those again for a long time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, I guess you won't be starting that umbrella business?

Ms. Thomas said...

People in LA are like that too. Rain is basically outer space launching an unexpected attack, and the moist roads are a looming death sentence. Hello... It's called weather!! You've seen it on the news!!

Anonymous said...

Man, what would happen if a freakish snow occurred?